Olive oil, chilli and garlic. Three basic ingredients tossed through spaghetti to create this simple yet tasty dish. My all time favorite pasta and on the table in only 10 minutes.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 120 g thin spaghetti
- 1 large garlic clove finely diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 long mild chilli finely diced with the seeds
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbs parsley finely chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add plenty of salt (should taste like the sea)
- cook the pasta according to the packet instructions being careful not to over cook.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, gently heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan. Saute the garlic and chilli for two minutes.
- Test the spaghetti is cooked to your liking then grab spoonfuls of pasta (with a pasta fork ) along with a little pasta water and drop into the pan. *See Notes.
- Toss the spaghetti through the oil, garlic and chilli and serve .
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan, cracked black pepper and chopped parsley .
There is no need to drain the pasta in a colander. Taking spoonfuls of the pasta along with a little of the starchy water as you go will add to the flavor and help to combine the pasta and sauce.
Share this Recipe