This salad doesn’t always look the prettiest but maybe that says more about my presentation. That said, it tastes great, its easy and something different to offer a small group.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 medium globe eggplant
- 1-2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- a little plain flour for dusting
- 4-6 tbs olive oil for frying
- a sprinkle of good quality salt
- Slice the eggplant into 1cm rounds. Dust the disks with the flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan until it is hot. * if the pan is very hot, you will be able to use less oil and the eggplant won’t become too greasy. You may need to add a little extra oil along the way, but I try to keep it to a minimum.
- Add 1tbs of the oil to the pan and 5 or 6 of the eggplant slices. Turn the heat down to medium high and cook for approximately 3 minutes. While cooking, slide the eggplant discs around the pan accasionally to create even browning and to help distribute the oil.
- When the discs are golden brown, flip them over and add another tbs of oil. Once again, slide the eggplant around the pan occasionally.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Repeat frying the remaining eggplant. Arrange the eggplant on a platter. Splash with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt. Serve warm or cold.
Share this Recipe