For after work drinks, pre dinner drinks or simply a liquid lunch on a hot Summers day😋, try a home made Margarita or two. They are fun to make, much cheaper than bar prices and the bonus is you can flake straight onto your own couch afterwards, no Uber required.🚕
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
- 1 shot 30ml tequila
- 1 shot 30ml Cointreau
- 1 lime 60ml juice of freshly squeezed
- 1 cup crushed ice
- salt flakes
- There's nothing better than a cold cocktail on a hot day. So first things first, put your glass in the freezer for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Half fill the shaker with crushed ice and pour in the alcohol and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously for a minute or two until condensation forms on the outside of the shaker.
- Remove your cocktail glass from the freezer and rub the rim with the skins of the squeezed lime.
- Roll the dampened rim of the glass in the salt flakes removing any salt that falls inside the glass.
- Pour the liquid into the cocktail glass through the strainer adding a little of the crushed ice. Enjoy.
For a sweeter drink ( maybe more popular with a younger person), replace the freshly squeezed lime juice with 2 shots of Jose Cuervo classic Margarita mix ( or a Margarita mix of your choice).
Share this Recipe