|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||1 Hour|
- 500 g Beef mince
- 1 Large brown oinion Diced
- 1 Large clove of garlic Finely diced
- 2 400g Cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Large green capsicum Sliced into cm cubes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cracked black pepper To taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Cup water
- In a large pan, gently heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally .
- Add the garlic and continue to cook gently for one minute.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and add the mince. With a strong fork, fry the meat while breaking up the clumps until they resemble large bread crumbs. This should only take a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir thoroughly through the meat. Fry for a minute before adding any liquid. Make sure you fry off the tomato paste for at least one minute. If you skip this step, the sauce will have an unpleasant, raw aftertaste.
- Now you can add all remaining ingredients including the herbs, salt and plenty of cracked pepper.
- Turn the heat down to a very gentle simmer. With the lid on the pan, cook for one hour, stirring occasionally and topping up with a little water if the sauce looks too thick.
Share this Recipe