You will go nuts over these Ramen noodles with Pork & Peanuts. They are everything you could want in a quick and easy meal thats packed with slightly sweet and salty flavours with just a hint of spice and topped with nuts and fresh herbs.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 250 g pork mince
- 180 g ramen noodles
- 1 tbs canola or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 spring oinions thinly sliced
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce available at Asian grocers
- 1 tbs spicy blackbean sauce available at Asian grocers
- 1 dsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs Chinese Black Vinegar available at Asain grocers
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tbs salted peanuts roasted and roughly chopped
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes (only). Drain, run under cold water and set aside. see note.
- Heat the oil in a wok on low and and fry the garlic, ginger and spring onion stirring for two minutes.
- Increase the heat a little and add the pork mince and fry for five minutes, breaking the clumps of meat with a spoon or fork.
- Add the hoisin and blackbean sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and sugar and fry for a minute.
- Add the stock and continue to fry for around five minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the vinegar and toss the noodles through the sauce.
- Serve in individual bowls and scatter with the nuts and coriander leaves
You can prepare the noodles in advance. Once cooked and drained, cover the noodles with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When required, refresh the noodles in a little warm water and drain again.
Share this Recipe