Chicken Sticks are an inexpensive canape you can make with humble chicken wings. It wont take you long to get the hang of inverting the meat for a quick and tasty treat.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 kg chicken drumettes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp ginger grated (optional)
For The Dressing
- Finely dice the garlic clove. Place the soy sauce, honey , garlic and ginger in a small jar and shake well to combine.
For The Chicken
- Prepare the chicken drumettes by holding the knife blade upwards and making two or three small cuts around the top of the bone.
- Now scrape the bone from the top down towards the base, leaving the bone as clean as possible. Invert the drumettes and you will be left with a clean piece of bone (to be used as a handle) and the chicken flesh which has formed a rough ball shape.
- Place the chicken in a medium sized bowl, pour over the soy sauce, garlic and honey mixture. Mix well and marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°
- Spread the chicken onto a baking tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes (depending on the size of your drumettes) until golden brown.
- Serve on a platter as a canape or with pennysmnu Chinese Iceberg Salad and some Jasmine Rice.
Alternatively, you can use the honey, garlic and soy sauce marinade for a kilo of chicken wings. Remove and discard the wing tips (or reserve to make stock), and slice the wings in half at the joint. Marinade overnight as per the chicken sticks and bake (the flat pieces’ skin side up) also for 25 minutes.
Share this Recipe