Try Bulgar once, and I guarantee you will add it to your repertoire. A side or meal on its own that is versatile, easy to prepare with more fiber and less calories than rice.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 cup coarse bulgar
- 1 cup warm chicken sock
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 medium yellow capsicum
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses optional see notes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Fan Forced.
- Cut the capsicums into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Slice the zucchini into 3cm pieces.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice into quarters.
- place the garlic clove and all of the vegetables into a mixing bowl, pour over the olive oil and mix well.
- spread the vegetables and garlic onto a baking tray in one layer and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the bulgar.
- Place the bulgar into a small pan and add the hot water and chicken stock. Bring to the boil then turn down to the lowest simmer possible. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- After 20 minutes, all the liquid should be absorbed. Turn off the heat and let stand for two or three minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked turn off the oven. Fluff up the bulgar with a fork and spread onto a platter. Decorate with the roasted vegetables.
- Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and serve.
Pomegranate Molasses is available in most supermarkets in the International section. It has a tangy, sweet flavor and makes a great salad dressing. Drizzle a little molasses over your roast veggies for extra zing.
Share this Recipe