This has to be the easiest ice cream you will ever make and the beauty of it is , you don’t need an ice cream churner. This recipe has a slight christmas pudding flavour from the fruit and spices, but you can try a multitude of combinations, the list is endless. To the basic mix, you can add roasted nuts, chocolate peices, marshmellows even toasted coconut.
- 600 mls cream
- 1 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup glace cherries halved
- 2 tbs marsala
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Soak the sultanas in the marsala for a couple of hours until they are reconstituted.
- With an electric beater, whisk the cream to form soft peaks. This will only take a couple of minutes (try noy to over beat)
- While beating, slowly drizzle in the condensed milk.
- Add the vanilla and mixed spices.
- Turn the beater off and gently fold in the sultanas with the marsala and the cherries.
- Transfer to a plastic container and freeze overnight.
Share this Recipe