If like me, you’re not a fan of slaw that’s dripping in mayonnaise, try this recipe. You can omit the chilli if you like but the variety of chilli I use is ideal for kids or cowards.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1/4 Green cabbage
- 1/8 red cabbage
- 1/4 to 1/2 small spanish onion
- large handful fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 long mild, red chilli
- pinch of salt & pepper
- In a small jar, make a simple dressing with the juice of half a good sized lemon, 2tbs oil and a pinch of salt & pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- Finely slice the cabbage and the Spanish onion and place into a large bowl *see notes. Add the parsley and chilli.
- Season well (don’t scrimp on the seasoning or the slaw will be bland). Toss to combine .
- Pour over the dressing and toss well. You may need a little more dressing depending on the size of your cabbage, so taste test and adjust if necessary.
- With my leftover red cabbage, I like to make this version of slaw. Its simply red cabbage, carrot, a little spanish onion and rings of green capsicum all finely sliced with a mandoline, seasoned and dressed with plenty of lemon juice and a dash of olive oil.
To achieve the finest julienne and give your salads an edge, do yourself a favour and purchase a mandoline. They are inexpensive and will cut preparation time in half.
Share this Recipe