My savoury rice will become an instant family favourite to add to your repertoire. Great as a side dish, or even better on its own as a supper for two.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 1 knob of butter approximately 1 heaped tsp
- 11/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce see note
- 2 or 3 middle rashers of bacon diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum diced into 1cm pieces
- 4 spring onions diced
- In a medium pan, melt the butter on a gentle heat and add the rice.
- Saute the rice for three minutes then add the water and soy sauce.
- Bring to a very gentle simmer and place the lid on the pan.
- On the lowest flame possible, cook the rice for approximately 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed then turn off the flame.
- While the rice is cooking, saute the bacon in a frying pan. When the bacon has a little colour, add the capsicum and stir fry until just tender. Lastly add the spring onion and continue to cook for two minutes.
- Add the bacon and vegetables to the cooked rice. Stir well to combine and serve.
I generally use a little less soy sauce than the recipe says and top up the required 1/4 cup with extra water. Make sure you have a total of 1 1/2 cups of liquid .
Share this Recipe