My salsa is quick and easy and as spicy as you fancy. Great served with steak or grilled fish.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 large tomato ripe but firm
- 1/2 birdseye chilli finely diced with the seeds
- large handful fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- a couple of twists cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 spanish onion very finely diced
- Dice the peeled avocado and the tomato into 1cm pieces. Halve the cucumber, remove the seeds and also dice into 1cm cubes . No need to make the dicing too uniform as roughly chopped makes for a more visually appealing salad.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the all of the ingredients. Mix well and let stand in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving. Great with pennysmenu Cajun Chicken Wings
The heat from fresh chilies is unpredictable. I Have suggested only half in this recipe for those not keen on too much heat. Personally, i would use and entire chilli with its seeds . Alternatively and more predictably, you can use half to 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes. The chilli flakes will give you the same result every time
Share this Recipe