Rock cakes are a cross between a cake and a scone. They are easier than a cake, nicer than a scone and you can have them done and dusted quicker than going to the bakery and back.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 8 oz S.R. flour
- 4 oz butter
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 3-4 oz sultanas
- 1 oz candied peel
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1-2 tbs milk
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200° or 180° Fan Forced.
- Lightly grease a large baking tray.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and fruit.
- Mix the beaten eggs through the flour with a fork and add as little milk as possible to make a stiff dough. (sometimes I don’t need to use any milk at all).
- Spoon heaped tbs of the mixture onto the greased tray.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes
Share this Recipe