A delicious warm salad or meal on its own of roasted cauliflower and chick peas tossed in Moroccan spices and served with all the colours of Christmas.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 400g can chick peas drained
- 3 or 4 medium sized ripe tomatoes cut into segments
- 1/2 pommegranate seeds removed
- 1 bunch European parsley leaves torn from the bunch (no need to chop)
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs harissa paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp cummin seeds
- 1 tsp salt flakes or good quality salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees fan forced.
- Place the olive oil in a large mixing bowl and whisk in the cinnamon and cummin seeds
- Break the cauliflower into florets and gently stir through the oil to coat.
- Spread into a shallow baking pan in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking place the harrisa paste, tomatoes and chick peas into the bowl and toss.
- After 15 minutes cooking, remove the cauliflower from the oven. Pour the chick peas, tomato and harissa over the cauliflower, toss gently and return to the oven.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is just tender. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the florets.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt. Gently stir through the torn parsley and half of the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm on a platter sprinkled with the remaining pomegranate seeds
Share this Recipe